Monday, August 6, 2012

"He's Just a Little Boy" - #EveryField

"He's Just a Little Boy" a poem by the late Chaplain Bob Fox is a simple message that many of us tend to forget - and its a great reminder that we are all just kids "playing a game" - That in life we can not always be winners, but sometimes we fail, sometimes we are not the winner, and the story book finish does not always take place.  What matters in life is how we handle these situations, and more importantly how we teach our children to handle them - I have always been a believer in positive reinforcement and trying to find the good in every situation - We may not believe it now, and it may seem easier to point the finger, but a pat on the back and a few "atta boy's" can make a huge difference in a child's life.



A few months ago I noticed this poem "floating" around Facebook - I believed in the message so much that I took the time to post it to our Facebook account (McKinnon Insurance) - Within moments there were hundreds of likes, comments, and shares of this simple, but meaningful poem - I took it upon my self to reach out to Ryon Harms, Director of Social Media for Farmers Insurance - I asked him to look at the activity that this post was getting - after a few attempts Ryon pulled it up - After seeing the viral affect this had he asked if he could post this on the Farmers Insurance corporate Facebook page - "sure I said" - within seconds there were thousands of likes, comments, & shares and a trend that had started on our page carried over - There was also a common comment on both of our pages, one that was overwhelmingly asking for these signs to be posted across American on all Little League Baseball Fields -

After some discussion Ryon presented me with the idea of having 500 of these signs made and distributed to local communities all over the US - I thought this was an AWESOME idea - to think something that started on Facebook, could really start to make a difference in the life's of kids -

So Ryon and I talked and he did his homework on the back end and he along with Farmers Insurance were ready to move forward with this plan - So when Ryon and I talked next I said "we are trying to get these signs, into the local communities, through our local agents, why not keep this a local project and let a small town Farmers Client make these for us" - Ryon was on board, asked who I had in mind and if I could connect them - Sure - Jim Dawson with Synergy Signs and Graphics LLC, in Strasburg Ohio - he's our man - Loyal Farmers client, as skilled as they come, and loves being part of the local community and giving back - Ryon again went to work with Jim and Farmers Home Office and the deal was struck - 500 signs to be made -


Our next move was to make people aware of the signs being made and to see who wanted them - Farmers posted an application on their corporate page for "fans" to request a sign - More or less instantly the signs were "sold out" and we actually had received nearly 1,500 requests - Next thing you know our 500 sign project turned into 1,500 -











The other good news about this project is that I am friends with Denny Trimmer from Solid Rock Photos here in Dover Ohio - Denny was willing to help us photograph the process - From the signs being made, to the first one being hung in Strasburg, Ohio Denny helped us to capture it all - at one point he even helped us produce a video where we were talking about the project and where the signs could be found -


All in all this has been an awesome experience thus far - a simple Facebook post that went viral is giving us a voice to make a difference - Thanks to John Delcoma & Strasburg for allowing us to hang the first sign on Strasburg Franklin Park's field #3 - hopefully this changes the opinion of parents, and little league ball players all over the country -

As I said in my original posts - "A pat on the back can go a long way." Thank you to everyone for your support - here is a look at the original poem -


He Is Just a Little Boy
By Chaplain Bob Fox

He stands at the plate
with his heart pounding fast.
The bases are loaded,
the die has been cast.
Mom and Dad cannot help him,
he stands all alone.
A hit at this moment
would send his team home.
The ball meets the plate,
he swings and he misses.
There's a groan from the crowd,
with some boos and some hisses.
A thoughtless voice cries,
"Strike out the bum."
Tears fill his eyes,
the game's no longer fun.
So open up your heart
and give him a break,
for it's moments like this,
a man you can make.
Please keep this in mind
when you hear someone forget,
He is just a little boy,
and not a man yet.



59 comments:

  1. Hello Joel, I love the way you wrote the article. I tell everyone I know about it!

    xoxo
    Mathy
    insurance agent websites

    ReplyDelete
  2. You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information. life insurance comparison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Insurance Broker is one of the largest privately owned General Insurance Broker in Queensland and has been ranked as one of Queensland’s Your Insurance Broker places a very high emphasis on establishing & nurturing relationships with clients, suppliers, and within the team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a place to purchase the sign for us to hang at a small town field?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog can help the farmers to get more information about the insurance.
    Independent Insurance Agent for Home Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, is there anywhere we can purchase this sign for our field? This is a Must Have for Every field! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can this sign be purchased for our fields? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you contact Synergy Sign and Graphics they can assist you with getting a sign for your fields. https://www.facebook.com/synergysign

    ReplyDelete
  9. So touching, thanks farmers insurance for this reminder. Let a game be a game.

    http://www.wrg-ins.com/Farm/Default.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information about your child. I am very happy for you. how to get my ex boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although "He's Just a Little Boy" is just a poem but there is a huge message hidden in this poem that we always forget in this world.

    getting your ex boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  12. "He's Just a Little Boy" is the very heart touching poem. My brother shared me this poem on facebook and I send it to all my friend. the venus factor free

    ReplyDelete
  13. "He's Just a Little Boy" is just not a simple poem instead it is whole concept behind this poem. how to get your ex girlfriend to want you back

    ReplyDelete
  14. Similar to you I also find "He's Just a Little Boy" floating into my friend's Facebook page and it has many likes, comments and share. This poem is very heart touching and I must say everyone should read it once.

    how to get your ex girlfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  15. "He's Just a Little Boy" is the great poem and it goes viral in social media sites quite rapidly. how to get boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  16. "He's Just a Little Boy" is my favorite poem. When I read it on my facebook page it brings tears in my eyes and I share it with my friends as well.

    getting my ex back

    ReplyDelete
  17. "He's Just a Little Boy" is the great poem and I like it so much

    Micheal Fiore Text The Romance Back

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every person must do their insurance because life has no guarantee. Old School New Body Review

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have to pay $1000 yearly for insurance policy. how to get your ex girlfriend to want you back

    ReplyDelete
  20. Get online quota from many insurance companies.
    Text Your Ex Back Review

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am taking the life insurance policy for my children.
    Acne No More Exposed

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you want to take insurance for your family then compare 2-3 insurance policy and then chose best one.
    Hair Loss Protocol Review

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now Farmers also taking Life insurance for their family. Language Of Desire reviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. Compare the policy of insurance online and then make your decision. Reverse My tinnitus

    ReplyDelete
  25. In India there is a site from where we can compare the insurance rates.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I will buy the racing car and will register for the racing event. Quantum Vision System Review

    ReplyDelete
  27. When i was a little boy i go to the park every Sunday. Restore My Hearing

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want to get the field clear before the match starts. Obsession Phrases

    ReplyDelete
  29. The hundreds of movement that we like to forget but we can't. Skinny Protocol Review by Garret Branch

    ReplyDelete
  30. You will get hundreds of likes and comments so that we will talk about it. Rapid Reflux Relief

    ReplyDelete
  31. After reading your blog i think to take insurance for my family. The Flat Abs For Life

    ReplyDelete
  32. We use to broke things in house when we were child. E-factor Diet

    ReplyDelete
  33. Every Little boy in the world have to play in the evening to get their bones strong. Survive The End Days

    ReplyDelete
  34. We want to meet the people who are millionaire in a year. Ancient Secrets Of Kings PDF

    ReplyDelete
  35. Farmer used to do work with their families member in the farm. 3 week diet

    ReplyDelete
  36. The comments has been read by 500 members of this blog. 6 Minutes To Skinny PDF

    ReplyDelete
  37. We don't have any boyfriend so i feel very shame in front of my friends. Venus Factor Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  38. Farmers must take life insurance so that after their death their families will not suffer for money or food. Take Surveys For Cash Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  39. We are distributing our vegetables in more than 500 countries. Thought Elevators Review

    ReplyDelete
  40. We have many blogspot pages which is high quality. Manifestation Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thankfulness to my dad who informed me relating to this blog, this website is really amazing.term life insurance

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your blog is extremely brilliant especially the quality content is really appreciable.
    whole life insurance policy cash value

    ReplyDelete
  44. I wanna thanks to a great extent for providing such informative and qualitative material therefore often.Your website is terribly informative and your articles are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide one thing back and help others such as you aided me. penntribute.pen.io

    ReplyDelete
  46. I’m excited to uncover this site. I want to to thank you for ones time for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to see new stuff in your blog. My Blog http://fliekhub.webgarden.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to you. My Blog http://firstpreview.hatenablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast. My Blog http://weblog.com/the-fate-of-the-furious-the-eighth-fast-and-furious-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. You can buy the instrument outright at any moment and find a 30% discount off the rest of the balance. It is crucial to listen to others play the musical instruments insurance, if you wish to enhance the art in a great way The perfect way to enhance your tones and notes is practice, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Its been 8 months since my husband returned back to me all thanks to Dr. OKO for his help. My husband left me for his boss at the office, she tricked him with what I don’t know that one day my husband came home to say he will be traveling for a seminal with his boss and that was the last day he came home. For one year I have been battling with my marriage, my husband don’t want to see me or our child non send money. Until I read about Dr. Oko’s great work online, so I contacted him for an advice and after my encounter with oko, behold my husband came home begging for forgiveness. I forgave him and we moved on but the most surprising thing was that my husband said his boss threatened to sack him if he stop seeing her but everything turn out to be promotion, just as Dr. OKO said it was going to be in the end. I came in here to share it just in case there’s anyone who is going through such or heartbreaks OKO will help you out. Contacts: okotemple@live.com (+2347084878384)

    ReplyDelete
  51. best spell caster 2020 is Dr Twaha the great wizard from African I want to use this medium to thank him for bringing my ex lover back to me he only told me to provide the items needed for the spell and which I did and he told me that after he got the items in 24 hours I will start seeing the result and truly is a man of his words,,, contact him today and get your problem solve he can help you with any problems …. Email him.
    (drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com
    you can also reach him on WhatsApp +2349038518881

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result. 
    CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM.  

    ReplyDelete